Saturday, December 27, 2008

You Think Too Much

The holidays sure are fun. I love presents and food and good company (and The Peanuts Christmas soundtrack). But halfway through Christmas break I always find myself waking up in the middle of the night as I am reminded of the various embarrassing things I had done from sheer boredom. Seriously, not having something to do makes me go nutty. So here are various things to wash the shame away. Until New Years Eve, at least.
Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap is the best out there. I have very sensitive skin but this stuff does wonders for it. Plus the bottle is excellent shower reading. You know, in case you are like me and take showeres at 3 AM for God knows why (okay, it's just because my hair takes 3 hours to dry and I'd rather not wake up at 6 AM every day) and need something to stay awake. It smells nice too. 32. 0z bottle of peppermint soap, $14.99
Let's say your legs are covered with bruises because you are basically a fool? Instead of hiding your legs in shame, (you are no battered woman, darling) why not show off those legs? Olay Body Quench has shimmery gold things in it that make your legs shine like the golden beacons of hope that they are. So what if you look you joined a Fight Club, you still look fabulous. $9.99
Generally when one of my friend's has a problem I suggest a classic movie. Your boyfriend cheated on you? Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. You're really happy about life but all of your friends are sour pusses? Clueless (okay, not your average person's classic but that movie is timeless. Sort of). And if you are feeling like the "top banana in the shock department"? Breakfast at Tiffany's. You can go around calling every one darling and saying silly things and just say, "Sorry darling, I'm in a Holly Golightly mood." $11.49

No comments: